Anyone else struggle with the dinner debate?
It feels like no matter WHAT I make, the question comes
"MOM! What are we having for dinner?"
Followed by a very swift and whiney
"I DON'T LIIIIIIIIKE THAAAAAAT"
Of course you don't.
Not too long ago when I embarked on this ketolife journey I started playing around with new recipes. Some of them stayed, some of them went swiftly into the "NEVER AGAIN" file,
But this recipe...
BOTH my guys gobbled up and asked for seconds.
I could hardly believe my eyes!
Since then my husband asks for it almost every weekend and honestly I'm just thrilled to have something they LIKE!
It's so super simple, absolutely delicious and filling, and QUICK to make!
Shrimp Scampi with zoodles
3 large zucchinis (zoodled with a spiralizer or with a julienne peeler)
2 TBSP of minced garlic
2 TBSP of Lemon Pepper
Juice of one whole lemon
20-30 large shrimp (thawed, deveined and peeled, with tails cut off)
10-15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
Zest of lemon to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Spiralize the zucchinis so you have about 3 cups of raw zoodles
2. Once the shrimp are thawed, cut the tails off and make sure there is no shell or vein left
3. Season the shrimp with the lemon pepper (get both sides!)
4. In a large skillet or frying pan melt the butter with the garlic until fragrant
5. Add the juice of one lemon
6. Add seasoned shrimp into butter and cook until pink, aprox 5 min (don't cook too long-they will turn rubbery!)
7. Once the shrimp are cooked, add the zoodles and incorporate all the buttery goodness into a uniform mixture.
8. Allow the zoodles to cook uncovered with the shrimp aprox. 3-5 min or until tender (I like my zoodles a little on the raw side)
9. At the very end, add the halved cherry tomatoes as a nice burst of color
10. Serve topped with parmesan cheese (I like some crushed red pepper flakes and hubby tops this with sriracha)
This is another recipe that's super simple to customize any way your family likes!
Did your family love it as much as mine? Tell me what your customizations look like below!
Love and Light,